Wednesday 24 September 2008

Hair dye, music and randomness

First things first. As I type I have a colour on my head. No, not on my head, on my hair. I need to look presentable for the London baby meet so am attempting a home do. Good plan? Well maybe. The last time I did this my hair actually went green. I can't remember why I thought it would be a good idea to try again now, but trying again I am. Wish me luck. Oh and I can't write much tonight, I only have 33 minutes left.


And now to Lal. Nursery again, and once more into the breech. Disappeared off up the climbing frame without looking back. Lovely. I came home and actually did work today and tidied up according to my Flylady habits. It's so nice to be able to put things away and for them to stay away for longer than 6 seconds.


Picked him up at 12 and he was crying! Sobbing tears. My poor little man, he'd missed me so much.. he must have been crying the whole time I was gone. Umm, nope. He now has a girlfriend and was inconsolable because her parents had just picked her up. Missing me? Never. He still blames me for his loss and has ignored me all afternoon. I love children. And they love me, obviously.


Apart from that, not much happened today really. Force fed him a fruit pot. He stole the Gingerbread man box and ate 8 heads before I realised. Carnage.


Ooh, I was chatting to someone on the phone about something completely different when the conversation turned to song lyrics. You know, as it does. I can't do lyrics. I hear them, I know them, but I seem to hear something completely different to everyone else. For example..


"My world crumbles when you are not here..." I hear, "I want cockles when you are not here.."


For G's singing exam, she had to perform Truly Scrumptious, from Chitty.. she got into the exam and was marked down for singing "Scrumptious as a cherry beach buffet." Who knew the actual words were "cherry peach parfait?"


There's the song, I don't know which one it is, but says something along the lines of "And every time I close my eyes I piss myself.." I'm pretty sure it doesn't actually say that.. but who can tell?


Ooh, that reminds me. There must be older mums out there who remember taping the Top 40 off the radio every Sunday night? You'd always get a couple of DJ words in your mix... sitting for hours with your finger on the pause button. Children these days, with their Ipod doodahs have it so easy. They'll never know the simple pleasures of the pause button.


Oh, and making "Songs to Commit Suicide By" tapes... filled with "I danced with him to this song," "He told me he fancied Linzy whilst this song was playing," "I'll never get over this broken heart so I'll listen to the Carpenters and cry" songs. The same songs that you played on the tape and paused after every line so you could write them down to learn them. Unless you we were of "those" people who saved their pocket money to buy Smash Hits magazine that actually had lyrics in..


Cd's have a lot to answer for. And I've wittered on for so long my hair is probably neon by now.. I'll let you know tomorrow how it turned out.


K x

No comments: