Monday 11 May 2009

Who needs men?

It's a question I often ask myself.. especially after all the problems K and I have had. I can usually do most things around the house. I can paint, fill holes.. fish toys out of the toilet. I can hoover spiders. Remove things from the loft. Build bookcases from the flat pack hell place.
I even made our boring plain wood wardrobe doors into masterpieces by gluing cornicing type stuff on them. (Ok.. so I can do it.. doesn't mean I have to actually know the technical names)

And if I can't do things I can bodge them so they look semi done. For example:

  1. Cat flap door broke - I created a new one from the lid of a pizza box and a drawing pin. Cat could only come in through it.. but I left the window open for her to go out.
  2. Baby proofed larder door - Piece of ribbon in the shutty bit.. Lost tops of fingers a few times, but it worked.
  3. Dog chewed corner of wallpaper (the chunky wallpaper) off at the top of the stairs - crumpled A4 (several sheets) and a coat of paint and you can only tell when you look at it.
Things like that. I can do that.

Today, K bought Lal a trike. With parent handle. He is away (it was delivered today, bought last week) and I decided that I could assemble it myself. I think I did an excellent job. It took me a few hours longer than planned. But most of that time was spent looking for a spanner and a thingy head screwdriver. Again, I did an excellent job. Look at it in all it's glory..

Photobucket

Fine. So Lal was riding it when the wheel fell off. But that is part of the triking experience.

I say again. Who needs men?

K x

2 comments:

Louise said...

Katie, I love reading about your world, it never fails to bring a smile to my face.
Hope Lal didn't get too bruised in the wheel incident!

Anonymous said...

Totally agree! You go girl!!