And so to today! Not so bad really. I took Lal to be weighed for the first time in nearly three months, which is remarkable as up until August he was going weekly. I realise that you are all thinking that I'm neurotic. But in my defense, he lost so much when he was tiny, and was such a pernickty eater.. ok.. I'm a worrywart. Anyway.. he weighed in at a whopping 23lb! No wonder I have backache. We are now making a concerted effort with the walking, I have informed him that the calipers are on order should he refuse to comply.
I haven't done a list for a while... so in listed form, here are today's injuries:
- ME : Walked into table, mid thigh (bear in mind I am 5'2"): 17 second swearing... damage, lovely bruise.
- LAL: Fell off shelf (see yesterday's pic) and hit head: 45 second cry.. damage, none.
- ME: Shut corner of car door on shoulder ... tears in eyes... damage, little red gouge.
- LAL: Decided to strop on kitchen floor, threw himself back, hit head on table leg... 60 second cry.. damage.. little lump.
- LAL: No idea what happened.. but he has a black eye. Oops. No cry time for that one.
- LAL: Welcomed G home from school by collapsing into heap on floor.. hit somewhere.. 15 second cry, damage none.
- K failed to realise I had forgotten to shut eye level cupboard door and stood up into it, 60 second swear.. damage, large lump
Ah.. on the cooking front, I made the carrot, courgette and stuff croquettes. They weren't a success either. Lal cried at the taste. Why can't I cook? I can read recipes.. I have the ingredients.. I must have some fault, something that just doesn't let me create food from recipes. It just doesn't. I mean, I even had to ring my mum and ask her how to saute. Why can't they just say, fry in oil.. a medium sized amount of oil.. Why? And don't get me started on how you are supposed to FOLD sponge mixtures.. you fold PAPER not flour and eggs.
I shall go, before the rant gets worse. And I still have to tidy up the kitchen. Say what you will about ready meals, they don't leave a bombsite on your worktops.
K x x
(Actually..I don't do ready meals either. Everyone just gets boring chicken breasts and boiled potatoes.. I can't even cook as well as a 40's housewife. 40's due to rationing.. I'm sure without that they'd have been wonderful! lol)